Venture Agreement Development, Negotiation and Related Services
Fee Determination and Negotiation
Development, and Project and Commercial Management
Planning for Natural Gas Infrastructure
Gas Infrastructure Development
Gas Infrastructure Development
and Economic Analysis of Facilities
Arbitration and Expert Witness Testimony
Transfer and Mentoring
Joint Venture Agreement Development, Negotiation and Related Services
professionals have extensive experience in the joint venture business,
from developing appropriate contracts, to negotiation of joint venture
arrangements, to ongoing support for day-to-day joint venture
activities. Several members of our team have been instrumental in
developing model form agreements as part of the Petroleum Joint Venture
Association Task Forces that are widely used by the industry in Canada.
Our services to clients fall within the following four main areas:
1. Joint Venture Development and Management
- Developing new or revised joint venture terms for agreements
- Resolving complex joint venture issues
- Establishing new joint venture agreements
- Interpreting joint venture agreements
- Creating new agreements based on negotiated outcomes
- Managing ongoing joint venture activities and operations
- Mentoring and training client staff
- Identifying unfulfilled obligations, or new opportunities. Some examples could include:
- Are you charging all the industry accepted fees for services performed for others?
- Who owns your facilities (plants, compressors, pipelines and batteries)
and are your Divisions of Interest (DOI’s) set up properly in
- Is your joint venture administration up to date?
- Are your joint venture agreements up to date and are they accessible and used by others in the company?
- Who reviews facilities acquired or sold and issues required notices for changes of ownership in facilities?
- Is joint venture included in your A&D process?
2. Joint Venture Analysis
- Partner issues and negotiation (assist operations staff on partner issues).
- Processing fees (negotiate fees and terms for access to third party
facilities and access by third parties to operated facilities).
- Agreement drafting and interpretation (CO&O, Gas Handling, Unit, etc.)
- Unitization and unit operations.
- 13th month accounting adjustments.
- Analysis of fees charged to well and facility partners, gas cost
allowance (GCA) deductions, and allocation of operating costs and fee
- Analysis of pipeline and facility ownerships.
- Resolution of audit queries.
- Facility evaluations for A&D (determine processing options and alternatives).
- Midstream business development.
- Midstream operations.
3. Joint Venture Administration
- Set up joint venture files and prepare data base of agreements summaries.
- Administer agreements – name changes, new wells, new facilities, new fees.
4. Property Management
administers working or royalty interests in land or facilities on
behalf of small business owners. As part of this service, we can review
the existing agreements and advise on deficiencies. GPMi has provided
expert advice on issues dealing with land issues including assessment
of appropriate deductions against royalty interests.
How Can GPMi Help your Company?
- Routine scheduled JV administration on a part-time basis.
- Troubleshooting JV issues, on call JV Engineering support as needed.
- Scheduled JV Engineering on a part-time basis, and on call as needed.
- Provide expert advice for complex problems, consult with GPMi experts.
- Have GPMi on call, minimum monthly invoice.
Why use GPMi?
are industry recognized experts who have contacts in many companies. We
can get your joint venture work done more efficiently and effectively
than your operating staff. We can mentor your staff, so they gain
proficiency and our role becomes consultative – using us only when you